Important, if having issues with BERO working with the iOS / Android APP, Please turn off BERO. Remove the micro SD card. Download the BERO New FIrmware and Xmas Music. Unzip the .ROM file and copy the file to the to the micro SD card. Re-insert the micro SD card back into BERO. Power on BERO and allow the firmware to load, about 30 seconds. This should enable BERO to now work with the latest iOS / android version.
All BERO purchased from Reality Robotics Ltd. website have the latest firmware and are loaded with holiday music!
BERO is an expertly-engineered-multi-motor-wireless-animated-mobile-robotic-toy-platform that features an advanced internal operating system for communicating through an APP with an Android™ and iOS smartphone through Bluetooth™. After digesting all that, we thought we would we would summarize our awesome robot as “BERO” (pronounced, Bee-Ro), a nickname for our Be the Robot™. What better companion could there be for your Android™ smartphone?
BERO – Be the Robot was originally funded on Kickstarter. With 334 backers and raising over $46,000.
– 4″ tall
– Multi-motor and Wireless (some BERO have 5 motors and some have 6 motors)
– Animated & Mobile
– Is a Toy-platform (features an advanced internal operating system for communicating an Android/Apple iOS smart device through Bluetooth™)
– Update-able Firmware
– Fully Android & Apple iOS smartphone controlled
– Six controllable LED eyes
– Custom music and sound file playback
– BERO dances to music (headphones light up to the music)
BERO Technical Specifications:
– micro gearbox motors including:
– Left track motion drive for moving around
– Right track motion drive for moving around
– Left arm with analog position sensor (hey!)
– Right arm with analog position sensor (high five!)
– Head turning left and right with analog position sensor (BERO says No!)
– Side to side waist motion (selected models)
– 6 LEDs for the eyes so it can have Knight Rider inspired scrolling lights
– 2 LEDs for the headphones so they can light up to music!
– Infrared optical navigation system, whereby BERO can autonomously navigate and “see” obstacles*! (will help in BERO not bumping into some things)*obstacles must be light colored
– onboard 500mAh LiPo rechargeable battery (you gotta store food)
– mini USB port for recharging the onboard LiPo battery (you gotta eat!)
– ON/OFF Switch (go to sleep!)
– Android and iOS smart device Bluetooth 2.0 connectivity for full control of BERO (heck…who doesn’t wanna be mobile?)
– Onboard advanced system on a chip (SOC) with updateable firmware, and updates, stored in onboard FLASH memory for taking care of low level program routines (kinda like DOS)
– SD Card slot for program low level program routine updates and for storing motion tables and program instructions (SD card included!)
– Onboard speaker for sound file playback from SD card
– Shipping box
– Includes $50 EXPRESS COURIER WORLDWIDE shipping within 3 to 7 days
Get the BERO App!
BERO Android APP Source Code: Betherobot 1.06
BERO iOS APP Source Code: BERO_Betherobot_iOS_APP_Ver2.3
Simple demo of BERO being controller by an iPad.
Watch how BERO comes to life from engineering design to tooling sample.
Watch how to build a robot and how BERO is manufactured. From the 3D design, to fabricating of the injection molds, software and hardware development to production. This video was previously only to Kickstarter BERO BLING backers only.
Q: Do you have a copy of the instruction manual in PDF format?
A: Yes, you can download it here: bero guideA8ver2-8 – iOS And Android
Q: I’m having issues with my BERO working with the iOS / Android APP.
A: Please turn off BERO. Remove the micro SD card. Download the BERO New FIrmware and Xmas Music. Unzip the .ROM file and copy the file to the to the micro SD card. Re-insert the micro SD card back into BERO. Power on BERO and allow the firmware to load, about 30 seconds. This should enable BERO to now work with the latest iOS version.
Q: Where can I find the latest BERO micro SD card contents with the Holiday Music?
A: The zip file containing this can be found BERO New FIrmware and Xmas Music
Q: How do I program my own motion routines into BERO?
A: The below video shows how to modify the motion .CSV files stored on the micro SD card of BERO and this XLS file describes the data format.